Thursday, March 4, 2010

God's will

did a morning quiet time on the topic study of God's will and what it means in my life and the life of the followers of Jesus Christ. all of these scriptures are taken directly from Bible and offer much incouragement to a heart that longs to do what the Lord has planned for me.
1 Peter 4:19So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

1 Peter 2:15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.

1 Peter 3:17It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

Romans 15:31-33 (New International Version)
31Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there, 32so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed. 33The God of peace be with you all. Amen.


Romans 1:9-11 (New International Version)
9God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
11I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong—


Romans 8:27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Exodus 18:14-16 (New International Version)
14 When his father-in-law saw all that Moses was doing for the people, he said, "What is this you are doing for the people? Why do you alone sit as judge, while all these people stand around you from morning till evening?"
15 Moses answered him, "Because the people come to me to seek God's will. 16 Whenever they have a dispute, it is brought to me, and I decide between the parties and inform them of God's decrees and laws."


~type to you soon~
photo credit: letthechurchsay

2 comments:

Sally said...

I love Micha 6:8--what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God --even when you're suffering (the last phrase are my words)

Love all those scriptures.

farmhouse wares said...

What a thoughtful way to start your day!