Wednesday, November 4, 2009

how i feel...what i know

I saw this post over at incourage and it describes perfectly how i feel and the blessings that I have been given. just wanted to share it with you today.

"If I were to write a list documenting people, experiences, feelings, and items for which I am thankful, that list would number in the thousands. Friendship would near the top of the list...only a few notches down from God's grace, my husband's forgiving heart, and sound of my kids' belly laughter.
And friendship begets more list items like: words of assurance, understanding smiles, insightful conversations, extract-the-air-from-my-lungs funny moments, being handed a stain remover pen after spilling purple grape juice down my white shirt, and people who *get* me.

“As iron sharpens iron, so does one man (woman) sharpen another” - Proverbs 27:17 (NIV)

Friendship equals blessings...both being blessed and being the blessing. I find that when I spend time cultivating new friendships and time kindling friendships that span decades (and all those friendships in between) that feelings of warmth and gratitude increase.
This occurs not only because I am thankful for specific friends and memories, but because true friends encourage and inspire me to make better decisions, give more of myself, let go of unrealistic expectations, and cling tightly to what matters above all things.While calendar squares have a tendency toward overcrowding during the holiday season, scheduling time aside for fun with friends can increase joy. "

you can find the writer of this post here

~type to you soon~

No comments: